I love the idea of a community garden, for so many reasons. When we lost our making do and mending traits (culturally-speaking) we concurrently lost the art of community. We replaced it with the notion that buying and acquiring ‘stuff’ would solve all our problems. We fell for the lie that you can buy your way to happiness. Our entire Western culture worships at the idol of the Economy. I am so glad that we’re rediscovering, little by little, making do and mending, and reclaiming community. It gives me hope.
Here we go with the round-up of this week’s #makedoandmendhour Twitter chat 🙂
Pics we shared:
1. Bargain 10p vintage pillowcases from a car boot! @Shelleykitten is going to use these for a patchwork quilt
2. @lovesusiestars found this canvas in the recycling bin, and hot-footed home with it, to turn it into…
3. This! A retro duvet cover later and @lovesusiestars has transformed it 🙂
4. @DalkeyDan is Making Do with her bright pink bathroom suite…
5. @Maker_of_Things make this bike trailer from a rucksack rack and some wheelchair wheels!
6. @SewingDude showed that old blankets and sheets can make fabulous dresses
7. @CarlaRTOATSblog shared that start of her bookcase upcycle-even the paper is Make Do and Mend!
8. Real life Make Do and Mend from @ahouswifeswork’s Mum, back in the day
9. @nikkiw76 has been raiding her Granny’s attic, and found this mixer-some bits still unused in the original…
View original post 390 more words